Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Different Kind Of Nude


I have reached home safely, leaving an overturned and chaotic London behind me. Despite all the bother, I did have a lovely time staying with my friend in Hampstead. My friend met two dutch girls  when travelling, and they (and a bloke) came all the way to London to visit. We had a great few days showing them the wonders of places like Camden, Spitalfields and Covent Garden, and in the process, we stumbled into United Nude.


The shop looked roughly like this. These are in New York and Amsterdam, but I couldn't find any of the London shop. Flashing compartments showcased a wealth of interesting structural shoes, none of which I would consider wearing, to be honest. I wasn't surprised in the slightest when I discovered that United Nude was created by an architect; this was obvious in the design of every shoe in sight.
I picked up a catalogue and riffled through it, until I found this:


THE FLAT PACK SHOE, no less! How sturdy it would be is beyond me, and I can't imagine ever having the balls to wear it out, but I think the idea is fantastic, in this generation of short attention spans. Thoughts and feelings?

Much Love
X

No comments:

Post a Comment