Monday, July 25, 2011

Worthy Cause, Worthy Clothes


And so, following my fairly-but-not-so recent stumble over Jasmine's wonderful blog, I have rediscovered the wonders of charity shop-shopping, and have been spending all my time and money, that I would usually spend elsewhere, in said charity shops, my favourite being British Heart Foundation - worthy cause, worthy clothes.
I have taken a vow of celibacy against Topshop. Well, for the time being anyway; just until the percentage of Topshop clothes in my wardrobe has decreased. I discovered one day, to my utter horror, that my entire outfit was purchased from Topshop. Such a lack of variety appalled me, made me sick to the stomach. Or maybe it was something I ate...
Anyhow, that's completely irrelevant to everything or anything I want to say. What I'm supposedly veering towards is that charity shops seem to be a brilliant place for photographic equipment. My polaroid camera is from BHF. And, my new, but not quite so new, film camera (which works this time, YAY, unlike the other one I bought from, um, a charity shop, cough) also came from there. I took the pictures to get developed today and am mighty pleased with the result of some of them, especially the one of my sister, Ella, at the bottom, and the one of me looking particularly and uncharacteristically androgynous (excl. make up) a couple down.
I bought another FIVE rolls of film today, and continued on my analogue journey down Cornmarket Street this evening, making Ella stop every couple of minutes while I took full advantage of:
"Ooh! That light's perfect!"
Honestly, I don't know how she puts up with me.


Good night. This unproductive day has ripped the life out of me.
X

No comments:

Post a Comment